Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sgt Sledge Hammer Comes Aboard...


I first "met" Sgt Lori through Sgt Hook's site... where I have met many of my blogger pals. I have had the honor of admiring her writing about the love of her family, job and country. This Navy Vet and National Guardsman is one of many that I have enjoyed reading the "adventures" of her service.

Everyone Please Welcome "Sgt Sledge Hammer" aka Sgt Lori to "My Music Highway Project"...

1) What song has truly inspired/touched you? (Name of Artist and Song please)
Journey, "Don't Stop Believin'!" I am a "the glass is half empty" kinda person. To me, the worst thing in life has to be living without hope. I cannot imagine waking up each day thinking my life has no value.

"Don't Stop Believin'"
Journey

Just a small town girl, livin in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin anywhere
Just a city boy, born and raised in south detroit
He took the midnight train goin anywhere

A singer in a smokey room
A smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on and on and on

Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlight people, living just to find emotion
Hiding, somewhere in the night

Working hard to get my fill,
Everybody wants a thrill
Payin anything to roll the dice,
Just one more time
Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

(chorus)

Dont stop believin
Hold on to the feelin
Streetlight people

2) How did it inspire/touch/ or change you?
I can't say it changed me, but only helped me verbalize who I am as a person. The song seems to be written to those that are down and out, but looking for a better day. That was me many a year ago. My life did change and I hold onto that feeling everyday...there *IS* hope!!

3) What is one thing you wish for the future generations?
That they work hard for a better world, they understand each other and are more tolerant.

4) What is one "Project"/ "Charity" that is dear to your heart?
Flowering Branch Children's shelter. When I first learned there was a "children's shelter" I was floored. I just couldn't imagine that children would need a shelter. However children as young as 9, 10 and 11 are turned out of their homes. Parents leave them behind as their lives become unraveled. It is so sad. So, I donate toys at Christmas, and especially items for tweens and teenagers. The little kids generally are notforgotten at Christmas, but the older kids are. I buy personal items, board games, stationer etc, that would appeal to the older kids.

_____________________________________________________________

Thank you Sgt Lori for your contribution to My Music Highway Project...

...and the music plays on!

Posted by Shayna :: 2:19 PM ::

2 Comments: >| Permalink |

Leave a Rocking Comment



 

If you think long and hard about it... music is a language that everyone speaks. Without divisions and barriers it brings us together as one. No matter what type of music you prefer... it is music. Wouldn't it be nice if we all could ride down the "Music Highway"... just to know that we, for one moment, could have a sense of togetherness?

WHY NOT have a "sense of togetherness"? It is so very true that music is a language EVERYONE speaks. This world has to much hate... So... Let us travel down a different highway... a highway of music... so we... for one moment can have a sense of peace... together. I started this project not knowing how well it would take off. Thanks to some wonderful bloggers... it has taken off beyond words. Click here for more info.

Email "My Music Highway Project"

 

 JOIN & GET THE BLOG ROLL CODE!!!

____________________

  Site Meter

 

_______________________

DESIGN / FOUNDER

Shayna
My Music Highway

Copyright 2006