Sunday, October 29, 2006

Madness Within Me... Not Me... Debby



This weeks special guest is someone I really miss in the blogging world... Debby from "Madness Within Me". She hasn't blogged in almost two months and I truly hope she and her family are doing okay.

I cannot remember when I first met Debby but she took me under her wing and gave me motherly words of wisdom in my comments box and in her comments box. Her writing is so her... she doesn't hide a thing. She is very blunt and honest and I love that.

Before I go on... the song that Debby chose "God's Will" by Martina McBride is a song a that touched me very much a little over 2 years ago when my Will was born. My son was born with some health issues and my husband and I were absolutely on bended knee praying that everything would be okay. Littly Willy was transfered from the hospital he was delivered in to a hospital in Nashville. While my hubby and I were driving to the Nashville hospital this song came on and both my hubby and I were in tears. I turned to my hubby and stated "This is a sign, our Will is going to be okay." Yes, yes he was okay!! So, this song means so much...

Everyone Please Welcome Debby from "Madness Within Me"...

1) What song has truly inspired/touched you?
"God's Will" by Martina McBride - this song always makes me cry cuz it makes me think of my

God's Will
Artist: Marina Mcbride

I met God's Will on a Halloween night
He was dressed as a bag of leaves
It hid the braces on his legs at first

His smile was as bright as the August sun
When he looked at me
As he struggled down the driveway, it almost
Made me hurt

Will don't walk too good
Will don't talk too good
He won't do the things that the other kids do,
In our neighborhood

[Chorus:]
I've been searchin', wonderin', thinkin'
Lost and lookin' all my life
I've been wounded, jaded, loved and hated
I've wrestled wrong and right
He was a boy without a father
And his mother's miracle
I've been readin', writin', prayin', fightin'
I guess I would be still
Yeah, that was until
I knew God's Will

Will's mom had to work two jobs
We'd watch him when she had to work late
And we'd all laugh like I hadn't laughed
Since I don't know when

Hey Jude was his favorite song
At dinner he'd ask to pray
And then he'd pray for everybody in the world but him

[Chorus]

Before they moved to California
His mother said, they didn't think he'd live
And she said each day that I have him, well it's just
another gift
And I never got to tell her, that the boy
Showed me the truth
In crayon red, on notebook paper, he'd written
Me and God love you

I've been searchin', prayin', wounded, jaded
I guess I would be still
Yeah that was until...
I met God's Will on a Halloween night
He was dressed as a bag of leaves

2) How did it inspire/touch/ or change you?
It made me look at him through new eyes and got me wondering what lesson I was supposed to learn from him and not the other way around.


3) What is one thing you wish for the future generations?
I wish with all my heart that in the future every child and/or adult who is a special gift to the world won't have to face ridicule for being special.


4) What is one "Project"/ "Charity" that is dear to your heart?
The charity that is closest to my heart is Childrens Miracle Network. They have done the most awesome things for Noah and for millions and millions of other children and their families too!!

_______________________________

I tried to put the song on here so you could listen to it... BUT BLOGGER was being an ass! Imagine that... you can go here to listen to it...


Also, Thanks Debby for helping with this project!!! This song has more meaning to me than anyone will ever know...

...and the music plays on!

Posted by Shayna :: 5:18 AM ::

2 Comments: >| Permalink |

Leave a Rocking Comment



 

If you think long and hard about it... music is a language that everyone speaks. Without divisions and barriers it brings us together as one. No matter what type of music you prefer... it is music. Wouldn't it be nice if we all could ride down the "Music Highway"... just to know that we, for one moment, could have a sense of togetherness?

WHY NOT have a "sense of togetherness"? It is so very true that music is a language EVERYONE speaks. This world has to much hate... So... Let us travel down a different highway... a highway of music... so we... for one moment can have a sense of peace... together. I started this project not knowing how well it would take off. Thanks to some wonderful bloggers... it has taken off beyond words. Click here for more info.

Email "My Music Highway Project"

 

 JOIN & GET THE BLOG ROLL CODE!!!

____________________

  Site Meter

 

_______________________

DESIGN / FOUNDER

Shayna
My Music Highway

Copyright 2006