Friday, September 15, 2006

My Favorite Mom is Our Featured Guest...


My Favorite Mom... Raging Mom... is this weeks Featured Guest.

I first met Raging Mom over at Sgt Hook's place. I quickly fell in love with this woman when she started emailing me offering any help she could give me with Eugune and the rest of the veterans in my home town. She sent Eugene and the vets a home made blanket and an eagle blanket (Which I have yet to give Eugene... he is in the nursing home... and will continue to be in the nursing home for what looks like another month... something about his insurance will only allow him to stay in the nursing home for up to 90 days unless he is on his death bed) ANYWAY... she has to be the sweetest lady I have met via blogging. Her writing makes me laugh, think and sometimes cry. She has one of the kindest hearts I know... and I hope to one day meet her and Old Sarge.

So... EVERYONE... welcome "My Music Highway Project's" featured guest and my favorite mom... Raging Mom...


1. What song has truly inspired/touched you? (Name of Artist and Song please)
Lee Greenwood, God Bless the USA

God Bless the USA
Lee Greenwood

If tomorrow all the things were gone I'd worked for all my life,
And I had to start again with just my children and my wife.
I'd thank my lucky stars to be living here today,
'Cause the flag still stands for freedom and they can't take that away.

And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.

From the lakes of Minnesota, to the hills of Tennessee,
across the plains of Texas, from sea to shining sea,

From Detroit down to Houston and New York to LA,
Well, there's pride in every American heart,
and it's time to stand and say:

And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.


2. How did it inspire/touch/ or change you?
When this first started getting popular in the late 80's/early 90's (Shayna were you born then? ;) and I was getting involved with the VFW in a big way, we would all stand in a circle holding hands and sing with the song. It was and still is very moving for me and expresses to a "T" how much I love my country.

3. What is one thing you wish for the future generations?
I wish that the future generation learns to respect and honor their soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines; that they don't have the disconnect with those serving that we seem to have now.

4. What is one Project/Charity that is dear to your heart?
Oh my. I have so many. There's Operation Uplink and Unmet Needs with the VFW....But no, the one that is really touching my heart (and my wallet when I can!) is Soldiers Angels. These ladies are doing the wonderful things for our troops. I may have a little something going for them- guess what, it involves a quilt, surprise surprise!- in the near future.

________________

In 1984 I was 7 years old when this song came out. I can remember when I was in 7th and 8th grade this was one of the songs that my choir would sing. It's a song that is beautifully written and is very moving.

I just wish that we American's could live up to these particuar lyrics "
I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me. And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today."

Thank you, Raging Mom!

...and the music plays on!

Posted by Shayna :: 7:48 PM ::

2 Comments: >| Permalink |

Leave a Rocking Comment



 

If you think long and hard about it... music is a language that everyone speaks. Without divisions and barriers it brings us together as one. No matter what type of music you prefer... it is music. Wouldn't it be nice if we all could ride down the "Music Highway"... just to know that we, for one moment, could have a sense of togetherness?

WHY NOT have a "sense of togetherness"? It is so very true that music is a language EVERYONE speaks. This world has to much hate... So... Let us travel down a different highway... a highway of music... so we... for one moment can have a sense of peace... together. I started this project not knowing how well it would take off. Thanks to some wonderful bloggers... it has taken off beyond words. Click here for more info.

Email "My Music Highway Project"

 

 JOIN & GET THE BLOG ROLL CODE!!!

____________________

  Site Meter

 

_______________________

DESIGN / FOUNDER

Shayna
My Music Highway

Copyright 2006