Monday, August 14, 2006

Don't Let Your Life Pass You By


Cross Posted Over at "My Music Highway"

I have been trying to figure out what song has touched me and means so much to me... *trying to answer my own 4 questions*...

It is hard to come up with just one song... so many songs have touched me, my life and my soul in so many ways... just by the rhythm, rhyme, vocals, etc....

So... I figured... throughout the "My Music Highway Project"... I will showcase some of my favorite songs by my favorite artists... and at the end of the project... I will answer my question "What song has truly inspired/touched you? (Name of Artist and Song please)"

Today I am showcasing...

I Will Remember You
By Sarah Mclachlan


I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don’t let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories

Remember the good times that we had?
I let them slip away from us when things got bad
How clearly I first saw you smilin’ in the sun
Wanna feel your warmth upon me, I wanna be the one

I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don’t let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories

I’m so tired but I can’t sleep
Standin’ on the edge of something much too deep
It’s funny how we feel so much but we cannot say a word
We are screaming inside, but we can’t be heard

But I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don’t let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories

I’m so afraid to love you, but more afraid to loose
Clinging to a past that doesn't let me choose
Once there was a darkness, deep and endless night
You gave me everything you had, oh you gave me light

And I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don't let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories

And I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don't let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories
Weep not for the memories





CodesAndLyrics.com




These lyrics

I'm so tired but I can't sleep
Standin' on the edge of something much too deep
It's funny how we feel so much but we cannot say a word
We are screaming inside, but we can't be heard


I can't tell you how many times I have felt this way... There are times I just burst out singing these lyrics... seriously I do! Specially when I'm having a bad day, week or year... :) It just makes me feel better knowing someone else felt the same way as I do... hell, they wrote the song! :)

These lyrics

And I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don't let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories


"Life is tooo short to sweat the small stuff"... this is what my grandmother always said. So, I try not to dwell on the past... and try to live for the present... enjoying each moment I have on this earth with the ones I love... and I try not to "weep" over my memories... I'm just so thankful I have them... the good and the bad.

_____________________________________________

and this past weekend will always be a beautiful memory... my son and niece living it up at the zoo. I had so much fun watching the two of them. This is the life PEOPLE!!! It doesn't get any better than this!


zoo.gif


_____________________________________________

I'll be by each of your blogs tomorrow... for tonight I am beat and ready for bed! :)


...and the music plays on!

Posted by Shayna :: 7:47 PM ::

1 Comments: >| Permalink |

Leave a Rocking Comment



 

If you think long and hard about it... music is a language that everyone speaks. Without divisions and barriers it brings us together as one. No matter what type of music you prefer... it is music. Wouldn't it be nice if we all could ride down the "Music Highway"... just to know that we, for one moment, could have a sense of togetherness?

WHY NOT have a "sense of togetherness"? It is so very true that music is a language EVERYONE speaks. This world has to much hate... So... Let us travel down a different highway... a highway of music... so we... for one moment can have a sense of peace... together. I started this project not knowing how well it would take off. Thanks to some wonderful bloggers... it has taken off beyond words. Click here for more info.

Email "My Music Highway Project"

 

 JOIN & GET THE BLOG ROLL CODE!!!

____________________

  Site Meter

 

_______________________

DESIGN / FOUNDER

Shayna
My Music Highway

Copyright 2006