Saturday, October 21, 2006

Benvenuto, Alex, Il Mio Ospite...


Ciao, tutto! Il Mio Ospite Speciale Questa Settimana E, Alex!

Alex is the editor and chief of his blog "A Voice From The Warehouse"...

I first met Alex through Patriotic Cowgirl (who has dropped out of the blogging scene). I was/am fascinated with Alex. He lives in Italy... and I have always wanted to visit Italy. He allowed/allows me to comment on his blog in my worse Italian... hey, he lets me practice.

Alex has traveled to many a place and shares his experiences with me by his pinpal emails and beautiful pictures. I am truly thankful that I have gotten to know my Italian friend. Maybe one day, when I visit Italy... we can meet for a glass of wine.

Grazie, Alex, per essere l'ospite questa settimana.


Everyone Please Welcome My Italian Blogger Friend... Alex....


1) What song has truly inspired/touched you?

This is a tough question.. Why? Because it implies to choose only one song. I have heard, loved, and have been inspired by (at least) hundreds songs (and movies too). And sometimes only from music, voices, without thinking to words, but only touched inside by sounds.

Pop, reggae, rock, r&b, rap, metal, country, instrumental, classic, blues, hymns, spiritual..
But.. my instinct give me quickly an answer. It's a combination of song, movie, actors, story and a talk with my girl (a wise and amazing person) at those times (1993, or 1994).

Do you remember Indecent proposal? (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107211/quotes)
I think I can summarize with these quotes:
"- I guess there's limits to what money can buy.
- Not many.
- Well some things aren't for sale.."

So, my answer is
Sade, with "No ordinary love"

I would like to add a thing.
I don't know the original dialogue in Saving private Ryan (I only saw it translated in Italian). When Tom Hanks, at the end, is dying, and say to Ryan that he have to deserve his life..
This is for me a great inspiration: deserve our life every morning, when we get up.

No Ordinary Love Lyrics
By... Sade

I gave you all the love I got
I gave you more than I could give
I gave you love
I gave you all that I have inside
And you took my love
You took my love

Didn't I tell you
What I believe
Did somebody say that
A love like that won't last
Didn't I give you
All that I've got to give baby

I keep crying
I keep crying for you
There's nothing like you and I baby

This is no ordinary love
No ordinary love
This is no ordinary love
No ordinary love

When you came my way
You brightened every day
With your sweet smile

2) How did it inspire/touch/ or change you?
I always thought that there are things not for sale. This is not the point.
I focused, during and after the movie, that love, true love, is so precious, rare. Sometimes unique even.


3) What is one thing you wish for the future generations?
Maybe no more terrorism. But, better even, a better mankind.


4) What is one "Project"/ "Charity" that is dear to your heart?
I'm sorry but I have no project in particular.
In general I think that Africa needs our attention. But I feel sadness for a lot of different situation around the world. Suffering don't know language or banner.

__________________________

Thank You, Alex... I think everyone in their life time has had "No Ordinary Love"... Thank you so much for helping with My Music Highway Project!

...and the music plays on!



Posted by Shayna :: 6:34 AM ::

6 Comments: >| Permalink |

Leave a Rocking Comment



 

If you think long and hard about it... music is a language that everyone speaks. Without divisions and barriers it brings us together as one. No matter what type of music you prefer... it is music. Wouldn't it be nice if we all could ride down the "Music Highway"... just to know that we, for one moment, could have a sense of togetherness?

WHY NOT have a "sense of togetherness"? It is so very true that music is a language EVERYONE speaks. This world has to much hate... So... Let us travel down a different highway... a highway of music... so we... for one moment can have a sense of peace... together. I started this project not knowing how well it would take off. Thanks to some wonderful bloggers... it has taken off beyond words. Click here for more info.

Email "My Music Highway Project"

 

 JOIN & GET THE BLOG ROLL CODE!!!

____________________

  Site Meter

 

_______________________

DESIGN / FOUNDER

Shayna
My Music Highway

Copyright 2006