Saturday, December 02, 2006

No Place Like Wonderland or Not...


I am tickled all shades of the rainbow to have as this weeks "My Music Highway Project's" Special Guest... the one... the only... Alice/Cooper (or whatever she wants to be called today) from the fabulous blog of "Wonderland or Not"!

Wonderland or Not was one of the first blogs I came across when I ventured out into the blogging world. After reading her blog... I was floored to find out how young this "starlet" was. Alice/Cooper has a way of making any one of any age think about the world, politics, society, family, etc... She clearly speaks her mind... and really could careless if one agrees with her or not. I always love that about a person... "no beating around the bush... straight to the point..."

All of the above aside... I have come to know her as one of the sweetest "Alice/Cooper's" I have ever "known"... :)

Everyone Please WELCOME... Alice/Cooper from "Wonderland or Not"...


1) What song has truly inspired/touched you?


That has to be one of the hardest questions ever because there are so many songs. Listening to an untitled Coltrane piece when I was in middle school changed me.


2) How did it inspire/touch/ or change you?

The Coltrane changed me changed me because it made me see that music without lyrics could talk; it could make you feel just by sounds.


3) What is one thing you wish for the future generations?

Do you have a soap box ready?

Social justice, an equal baseline of equality in regard to education, educational opportunity and healthcare; it is incredible how far away we are from that in this country.

We are not ever going to live in a world where everyone is the same.

Thank God.

There are going to be different levels of motivation, different IQ's, different desires but I think that everyone, regardless of where they come from and who they are, should have an access to equal quality education, ( that should be a given ), equal and quality healthcare, and equal quality representation in the legal system.


4) What is one "Project"/ "Charity" that is dear to your heart?

IRC – they do what has to be done and are managed well. But locally several times over the last few years I have worked teaching art to kids who were disadvantaged either economically, by disabilities of some kind, or troubled. I have worked with all groups and I think that one thing that kids (who are either mentally or physically disabled, economically disadvantaged or labeled troubled) often have not had the chance to do is explore these parts of themselves. It is joyful to watch and teach all these kids. I miss it doing it this summer as I have done it somewhere over the past several years either in Maryland or RI.

____________________

Alice/Cooper... some of the most inspiring music has no lyrics. Thank you for supporting this project and keep on Rockin'!!!

...and the music plays on!


Posted by Shayna :: 7:10 PM ::

7 Comments: >| Permalink |

Leave a Rocking Comment



 

If you think long and hard about it... music is a language that everyone speaks. Without divisions and barriers it brings us together as one. No matter what type of music you prefer... it is music. Wouldn't it be nice if we all could ride down the "Music Highway"... just to know that we, for one moment, could have a sense of togetherness?

WHY NOT have a "sense of togetherness"? It is so very true that music is a language EVERYONE speaks. This world has to much hate... So... Let us travel down a different highway... a highway of music... so we... for one moment can have a sense of peace... together. I started this project not knowing how well it would take off. Thanks to some wonderful bloggers... it has taken off beyond words. Click here for more info.

Email "My Music Highway Project"

 

 JOIN & GET THE BLOG ROLL CODE!!!

____________________

  Site Meter

 

_______________________

DESIGN / FOUNDER

Shayna
My Music Highway

Copyright 2006