Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Royal Ice Queen Graces Us...



Hear Ye! Hear Ye! The "Royal" Ice Queen is this weeks My Music Highway Project's special guest!

I first met Monica, "The Ice Queen", over at Doug's and Sar's place many moons ago. She is definitely a breath of fresh Iceland air! :) I love reading about her and her family... Plus viewing all of the pics from her beautiful land. Her blog is truly a great place to visit when one needs a smile... Also, reading her comments left at others blogs can be simply hilarious.

Everyone please Welcome The "Royal" Ice Queen... Monica...




1) What song has truly inspired/touched you? (Name of Artist and Song please)

After quite some sorting I have decided on this one out of many: The Whites "Keep on the Sunny Side"

The Whites
"Keep on the Sunny Side"

There's a dark & a troubled side of life
There's a bright, there's a sunny side, too
Tho' we meet with the darkness and strife
The sunny side we also may view

[cho:] Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side,
Keep on the sunny side of life
It will help us ev'ry day, it will brighten all the way
If we'll keep on the sunny side of life

The storm and its fury broke today,
Crushing hopes that we cherish so dear;
Clouds and storms will, in time, pass away
The sun again will shine bright and clear.
Let us greet with the song of hope each day
Tho' the moment be cloudy or fair
Let us trust in our Saviour away
Who keepeth everyone in His care

2) How did it inspire/touch/ or change you?

Well, I had to leave home at the age of 13, due to many reasons, and although I knew it was a good thing, I was really scared. I was only 13. And I had no guidelines as to how to handle life from now on. When listening to the radio a day after I left, I heard this song and I knew that regardless of what would happen, that optimism and a positive attitude will get me through almost anything. Since then this song volumes through my apartment whenever I feel a bit blue! And IÃI'lll snap right out of it!


3) What is one thing you wish for the future generations?

An understanding older generation and an appreciative younger one!


4) What is one "Project"/ "Charity" that is dear to your heart?

"Stigamot" in Iceland. It is an organization for abused humans. Mostly women, but there is the odd man in between. I see the people when they get in (distraught and filled with shame). Some of them leave with their heads up high and a new perspective. I think it is wonderful.

________________

Thank you, Monica for contributing and helping promote this project. The Whites are a wonderful Grand Ole Opry Members that I too am fond of. The story behind why you like their song is inspiring! When reading your blog... it is always on the "sunny side"! Perfect song for you!


...and the music plays on!

Posted by Shayna :: 3:35 PM ::

11 Comments: >| Permalink |

Leave a Rocking Comment



 

If you think long and hard about it... music is a language that everyone speaks. Without divisions and barriers it brings us together as one. No matter what type of music you prefer... it is music. Wouldn't it be nice if we all could ride down the "Music Highway"... just to know that we, for one moment, could have a sense of togetherness?

WHY NOT have a "sense of togetherness"? It is so very true that music is a language EVERYONE speaks. This world has to much hate... So... Let us travel down a different highway... a highway of music... so we... for one moment can have a sense of peace... together. I started this project not knowing how well it would take off. Thanks to some wonderful bloggers... it has taken off beyond words. Click here for more info.

Email "My Music Highway Project"

 

 JOIN & GET THE BLOG ROLL CODE!!!

____________________

  Site Meter

 

_______________________

DESIGN / FOUNDER

Shayna
My Music Highway

Copyright 2006