Monday, December 18, 2006

Echo9er and Lonestar... Need I Say More?



First off I must apologize to Echo9er for being late with his feature post. Life and pregnancy is really crazy right now. I am truly sorry.

Yes, Echo9er is my featured guest this week. I ran across Echo9er while reading Sgt Hook's blog about a year ago. When I first started reading Echo9er I automatically became hooked... hooked on this man's compassion for his love of country, love of family... love of mankind. A kind soul this man has through every word he writes... I am a lucky girl to have come in "contact" with Echo9er. Every time I read him I come away with a sense of compassion, pride and loyalty.

Everyone please welcome to My Music Highway Project... Echo9er!



1) What song has truly inspired/touched you? (Name of Artist and Song please)
-- Artist: Lonestar
-- Song: I'm Already There (Lyrics at the end of this message)


2) How did it inspire/touch/ or change you?
-- I can't really say it inspired me. It touched and changed me in a way that reminds me of how important family is when separated.
-- As a career Military man, I spent many months away from my family. So as I listened to this song, I was reminded of those separations, and well, I understood that I was with them, even with hundreds of miles and oceans between us.


3) What is one thing you wish for the future generations?
-- Understand the importance of family.
-- Understand the need to be there when you are needed, even if it is just a voice or an email.
-- Understand that being separated is not all bad, but rewarding upon return beyond measure.


4) What is one "Project"/ "Charity" that is dear to your heart?
-- This one is tough. I have lost a couple of dear friends to cancer, so I believe in the Lance Armstrong Foundation. I believe in his positive influence on the people he has touched.
-- I lost both of my parents to Heart Disease and Diabetes, so naturally, I lean towards the work that the American Heart Association and the American Diabetes Association do in reseach, development, and treatments.

Thanks, Shayna. You are doing a great job.

David (Echo9er)

I'm Already There

He called her on the road
From a lonely cold hotel room
Just to hear her say I love you one more time
And when he heard the sound
Of the kids laughing in the background
He had to wipe away a tear from his eye
A little voice came on the phone
And said "Daddy when you coming home"
He said the first thing that came to his mind

I'm already there
Take a look around
I'm the sunshine in your hair
I'm the shadow on the ground
I'm the whisper in the wind
I'm your imaginary friend
And I know I'm in your prayers
Oh I'm already there

She got back on the phone
Said I really miss you darling
Don't worry about the kids they'll be alright
Wish I was in your arms
Lying right there beside you
But I know that I'll be in your dreams tonight
And I'll gently kiss your lips
Touch you with my fingertips
So turn out the light and close your eyes

I'm already there
Don't make a sound
I'm the beat in your heart
I'm the moonlight shining down
I'm the whisper in the wind
And I'll be there until the end
Can you feel the love that we share
Oh I'm already there

We may be a thousand miles apart
But I'll be with you wherever you are

I'm already there
Take a look around
I'm the sunshine in your hair
I'm the shadow on the ground
I'm the whisper in the wind
And I'll be there until the end
Can you feel the love that we share
Oh I'm already there
Oh I'm already
There

___________________

This song is very inspiring... very beautiful... states that no matter how far away one can be from loved ones... ones heart always remains with them. Thank you for supporting this project, David.

...and the music plays on!

Posted by Shayna :: 7:21 PM ::

2 Comments: >| Permalink |

Leave a Rocking Comment



 

If you think long and hard about it... music is a language that everyone speaks. Without divisions and barriers it brings us together as one. No matter what type of music you prefer... it is music. Wouldn't it be nice if we all could ride down the "Music Highway"... just to know that we, for one moment, could have a sense of togetherness?

WHY NOT have a "sense of togetherness"? It is so very true that music is a language EVERYONE speaks. This world has to much hate... So... Let us travel down a different highway... a highway of music... so we... for one moment can have a sense of peace... together. I started this project not knowing how well it would take off. Thanks to some wonderful bloggers... it has taken off beyond words. Click here for more info.

Email "My Music Highway Project"

 

 JOIN & GET THE BLOG ROLL CODE!!!

____________________

  Site Meter

 

_______________________

DESIGN / FOUNDER

Shayna
My Music Highway

Copyright 2006