Friday, August 18, 2006

Traveling Down My Music Highway


This is an encore post of the original from August 11th at Loveless. I wrote this in response to Shayna's original email inviting all her blogging friends to join her and travel together, all of us, down a wonderful highway of music. This is mine, and for those of you who haven't already read this I wanted to share it with you..

When I was just a little girl, whenever I was frightened or felt so all alone, my Daddy would hold me in his arms and softly he would sing to me..

"I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time.
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine,
I walk the line

As sure as night is dark and day is light
I keep you on my mind both day and night
And happiness I've known proves that it's right
Because you're mine,
I walk the line

You've got a way to keep me on your side
You give me cause for love that I can't hide
For you I know I'd even try to turn the tide
Because you're mine,
I walk the line"

That was Daddy's favorite song and whenever he'd sing it to me I'd always feel so warm, snug and loved. No matter what terrible little girl terrors had troubled me, suddenly all was right in my tiny bit of the world. I've long since grown and moved away, we lost Daddy a few years ago, yet to this day whenever I hear "I Walk The Line" a warmth comes over me and for a moment, perhaps just a single lovely moment, I can still hear my Daddy singing to me and all's right in my big girl world.

The power of music..

My friend Shayna at My Music Highway has started a wonderful new project. She wants, hopes, to help stand agaisnt the rising tide of hate and hopelessness in the world today. It's her dearest desire that we listen, together, all peoples, to the music of the world's throbbing heartbeat. I hear it, I'm with her
and I'm sure you can hear it also.

The power of music..

This is my Music Highway, what's yours? What are the songs that have touched your life? What are the melodies that speak to your heart? Be it Bach to the Beatles, Peggy Sue to Bobbie Sue or Rock to Reggae we all understand the language of music. Won't you travel down your
Music Highway with us?

Shayna's Music Highway Project

Love 'ya,
Emily

Remembering my Daddy
and the Man In Black

There's room for all of us on this magical, mystery tour
down our Music Highways, won't you join us?


Posted by Emily :: 7:50 PM ::

6 Comments: >| Permalink |

Leave a Rocking Comment



 

If you think long and hard about it... music is a language that everyone speaks. Without divisions and barriers it brings us together as one. No matter what type of music you prefer... it is music. Wouldn't it be nice if we all could ride down the "Music Highway"... just to know that we, for one moment, could have a sense of togetherness?

WHY NOT have a "sense of togetherness"? It is so very true that music is a language EVERYONE speaks. This world has to much hate... So... Let us travel down a different highway... a highway of music... so we... for one moment can have a sense of peace... together. I started this project not knowing how well it would take off. Thanks to some wonderful bloggers... it has taken off beyond words. Click here for more info.

Email "My Music Highway Project"

 

 JOIN & GET THE BLOG ROLL CODE!!!

____________________

  Site Meter

 

_______________________

DESIGN / FOUNDER

Shayna
My Music Highway

Copyright 2006